Tea: Lao Shu Dian Hong. Damon and Michael make corrections and talk about motion sickness. Damon covers the growing issue of counterfeits on Amazon, and Michael takes a swing at tech journalists who aren’t good at tech or at journalism. Plus: Triangles in photography and tea, pens that don’t work, and some Tech Tea news!
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Tea: Lao Shu Dian Hong (“Old Tree Yunnan Black/Red”)
- Image of the gongfu teaware
- Gaiwan brewing the tea, with lid holding back the leaves
- Fable vs. Fate (it was a decade!)
- Article on VR making you sick, point-and-click, and Walk Mouse
- Stuff You Should Know: How Motion Sickness Works
- John Gruber (Twitter) of Daring Fireball
- Articles Damon saw about the Amazon issue
- The pen scam: Scribble and the Failure of Tech Journalism
- The “study” (really, results of a marketing campaign) that “proved” (despite having no control group) that people tip more (but only in Portland, OR) when they use Apple Pay (really, any NFC-enabled payment method accepted by Square): NFC Mobile Payments Increase Tips (And Ohter Highlights from #PayFasterPortland)
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.
You can contact Damon and Michael (and even Lisa!) by visiting the Contact Us page on TechTea.fm
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:05:07 — 59.8MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More