Tea: Lao Shu Dian Hong. Damon and Michael make corrections and talk about motion sickness. Damon covers the growing issue of counterfeits on Amazon, and Michael takes a swing at tech journalists who aren’t good at tech or at journalism. Plus: Triangles in photography and tea, pens that don’t work, and some Tech Tea news!
This episode was brought to you by:
- Image of the gongfu teaware
- Gaiwan brewing the tea, with lid holding back the leaves
- Fable vs. Fate (it was a decade!)
- Article on VR making you sick, point-and-click, and Walk Mouse
- Stuff You Should Know: How Motion Sickness Works
- John Gruber (Twitter) of Daring Fireball
- Articles Damon saw about the Amazon issue
- The pen scam: Scribble and the Failure of Tech Journalism
- The “study” (really, results of a marketing campaign) that “proved” (despite having no control group) that people tip more (but only in Portland, OR) when they use Apple Pay (really, any NFC-enabled payment method accepted by Square): NFC Mobile Payments Increase Tips (And Ohter Highlights from #PayFasterPortland)
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.