Tea: Yellow Sprig (Huang Zhi Xiang) Dan Cong. Damon discusses the innovations of 2016. Michael covers web projects that make people safer. Also: Hacks and hacking, confused assistants, searching in Latin or when you don’t know how to spell, visualizing words, Michael dissecting Damon’s brain, Nerf, fear of VR pink-eye, language translation…and it’s our last episode of 2016!
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Chinese Tea. Use coupon code singlebush for 20% off Yellow Sprig Dan Cong 2016 wulong tea.
- Sign up for hosting at Dreamhost for your next website, podcast, or other online project
- Site for checking if your info has been released because of a hack
- Fans stealing data
- Wi-Fi signal and password security
- Machine Learning Bach
- AI Beatles
- Zuckerberg’s Jarvis
- Dueling assistants
- Noisli (the web version, explore the site for the browser plugin)
- Monty Python’s “Interesting Facts” sketch
- Popular Science’s 100 Greatest Innovations of 2016
- (We did end up including show notes, obviously…)
- Wired’s “Inside Google’s Internet Justice League and Its AI-Powered War on Trolls“
- Jigsaw’s projects
- Digital Attack Map (DDOS attacks specifically)
- Redirecting ISIS recruitment traffic
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.
Contact Damon and Michael on TechTea.fm to let us know what you think, and please leave a review on the sites where you find your podcasts!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:22:14 — 75.5MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More