Tea: Bi Luo Chun green tea. Damon reviews the WannaCry virus and its brethren. Michael summarizes the news out of the Google I/O conference. Also: quitting caffeine (and color vision), bad water, the need for tea tasting vocabulary, the Saga Street Song, scooping reality with a melon-baller, the importance of listening to our advice, the darker side of encryption, bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions, not partnering with criminals, getting developers to go outside, olives for dessert, Damon says “Alexa” out loud, and the first step to Skynet.
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Tea: Get 20% off Bi Luo Chun 2017 with the coupon code: techtea (expires in 6 months)
- Fotolia, a great place to find royalty free art and photos
- Nixie tube pocket watch
- Obduction by Cyan (update: Michael doesn’t have the soundtrack)
- XCompWiz, author of the Mystcraft mod for Minecraft
- Ransomware hackers give low-income guy a break
- Michael was wrong: Entrance of the Gladiators (also known as “Thunder and Blazes”) is 120 years old
- Facebook in India: “The inside story of Facebook’s biggest setback”
- Note: Michael did get his reminder shortly after arriving home
- More on Tensor Processing Units (TPUs)
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.
You can contact Damon and Michael by visiting the Contact Us page on TechTea.fm and find our social media and newsletter subscription information as well.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:05:18 — 60.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More