Tea: Gu Zhu Zi Sun (Purple Bamboo Shoot) green tea. Damon recaps the keynote from Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference. Michael takes a hard look at Facebook’s corporate ethics. Also: pouring boiling water on things, getting grossed out by surgery pictures, confusing WWDC and WWJD, trying to watch videos in class, movies (especially Wonder Woman) and comic books, e-ink screens, Galaxy Quest and American Gods, and moderating comments on Google Plus.
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Tea: Get 20% off Gu Zhu Zi Sun Purple Bamboo Shoot 2017 with the coupon code: techtea (expires in 6 months)
- Fotolia, a great place to find royalty free art and photos
- What’s a cultivar?
- Real bamboo shoots for comparison
- WannaCry fallout
- Another look at WWDC’s announcements
- The Tensorflow class Michael didn’t describe well
- Cyan’s tweet about Obduction on VR for Mac
- CGP Grey’s wish list for WWDC
- Ingress TV show rumor was from 2015
- How to pronounce Gal Gadot
- By Grabthar’s Hammer, what a savings
- Seth MacFarlane’s “The Orville” trailer
- Note: Michael was wrong. Reading is (still) FUNdamental
- Facebook’s Internal Rulebook article in The Guardian
- “…Facebook is the least safe place for women online…”
- Engadget’s article on “Zuck’s racist rulebook”
- Facebook researches how to target vulnerable youth
- “Stupid, stupid rain” is a reference to Impromptu
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.