Tea: Meng Ding Mao Feng green tea. Damon explores his own DNA and also covers new technology for the visually impaired. Michael ponders how the future we envisioned in the 1980s differs from the future we’re living now. Also: Finnish vs. Latin, the Spirit of Tea, spicy Chinese food, how Michael knows how long to brew tea, Mystcraft for Minecraft, external GPUs, mutants are not zombies, driving around town in a police vehicle, playing video games in a small hole, sending spit through the mail, caffeine metabolism, keeping the Milky Way in California, soulless eyes, the Jetsons, and Spiderman.
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Tea: Get 20% off Meng Ding Mao Feng 2016 with the coupon code: techtea (expires in 6 months)
- Fotolia: for all your photo needs for print or online use
- Radiophonia Finnica Generalis: Nuntii Latini (News in Latin)
- Episode 1: Hot Spearmint Juice
- Great Mississippi Tea Company
- Direwolf20’s YouTube Channel
- Shakespeare’s Sonnet 20
- Miscreated on Steam
- Medieval Engineers on Steam
- App that narrates the world to the visually impaired
- Adobe VoCo demo
- Realistic artificial Obama
- Bacterial hard drive
- Chinese teleportation
- Nanobionic spinach detecting bombs
- Quantum gravity detectors
- Redefining the kilogram and mapping gravity
- Jetsons commercial
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.
You can contact Damon and Michael by visiting the Contact Us page on TechTea.fm and find our social media and newsletter subscription information as well.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:11:17 — 65.5MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More