Tea: Dian Hong Jin Ya (“Golden Buds”) black tea. Damon talks about shoe technology. Michael tackles the basics of blockchain. Also: ice cream and bitterness, asparagus, Latin problems, the Pope, building a base, gas masks, extra bones, cylons vs. Knight Rider, pop culture of the 1980s, prosthetics and keeping body parts around the house, survival lip-syncing, imagining with your hands, voting abnormalities, and some social media site trivia.
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Tea: Get 20% off Dian Hong Jin Ya 2017 with the coupon code: techtea (expires in 6 months)
- Dreamhost: whether you need simple WordPress hosting or a dedicated server, Dreamhost has options for you!
- Episode 15: My Tasty Strips
- Genetics of Phenylthiocarbamide Perception (There’s probably about 25% of the population like Michael, and 75% like Damon, but it’s maybe more complicated than we thought.)
- More on the asparagus issue related to rs4481887
- The genetics of cilantro
- Buckaroo Banzai sign
- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (IMDB)
- I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserables
- A somewhat code-centric description of how blockchain works (video)
- Blockchain description and many more applications
- 19 Industries the Blockchain Will Disrupt (video)
- Easily hacked voting machines
- Russian attempts to breach voting systems in at least 39 states
- An overview of The DAO and the subsequent hacker attack
- Google+ takes #1 spot in the 2017 American Consumer Satisfaction Index for social media; Facebook and Twitter fall below “Other”
- Twitter didn’t add any new users last quarter
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.
You can contact Damon and Michael by visiting the Contact Us page on TechTea.fm and find our social media and newsletter subscription information as well.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:08:08 — 62.6MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More