Tea: Ming Qian Anji Bai Cha, a green tea called “white tea.” Damon talked about his experience as a new cable cord-cutter. Michael dives into the many ways you are tracked beyond search engines and ads leaving browser cookies. Also: Drinking tea for health and weight loss tea, launching stuff with a VCR, pop-up ads in physical books, trying to sell things people can get for free, lawsuits, new forms of light, and Michael being impressed when Damon made a choice rationally.
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Tea (use coupon code techtea for 25% off 2016 Ming Qian An Ji Bai Cha. Valid through 28 Feb 2017). A green tea, not a white tea.
- What white jade looks like for real (not ivory)
- “That looks like rosemary…”
- Weight loss tea blog post
- The Last VCR
- Physical vs. Electronic Books
- Card catalog (for those too young to remember them)
- Highsmith and Getty
- Pokemon Go lawsuit
- Niche (see, it’s a game…really!)
- First Website Ever
- Light Electrons
- Damon found Cord Cutters News and Antenna Web’s Cord Cutting Guide to be useful in his process
- Battery-tracking in the wild
- Comcast wants to sell your browser history
- Other places and ways you’re tracked
- Google Contributor
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.