Tea: Que She Sparrow’s Tongue 2016. Damon talks about the new iPhone. Michael talks about technological approaches to reduce sexism and racism. Also: Time travel, payment systems, Damon threatens violence, Michael holds his tongue, scientists holding Peeps races in the lab, robots that can prove they’re not a robot, cow privacy, the latest Twitter updates, machine learning, and suspicious activity.
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Chinese Teas. The 2016 Que She sold out by the time we published the episode, so check out the 2015 and earlier vintages at a discount.
- Sucuri Security. Let security experts monitor your website, and clean up the malicious code if you get hacked.
- The alien species mentioned is the Vy’keen
- Reading a book without opening it
- AI recognizing a blurred face (and related technology)
- AirPods (iTunes parody) — with one brief swear word
- How Vector Space Mathematics Reveal the Hidden Sexism in Language
- Reducing Racist Posts by 75%
- Mechanical Turk
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.
You can contact Damon and Michael by visiting the Contact Us page on TechTea.fm
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:13:14 — 67.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More