Tea: Golden Guan Yin wulong. Damon talks about full drive encryption and encrypted chat apps. Michael considers encryption and security from a behavioral perspective. Also: water boiling technique, rhyming, sniffing microphones, automated reminder spam, Michael’s parents, 13 different operating systems, protecting your Justin Bieber collection, password managers, fast food, malicious encryption (ransom ware), going through your recycling, privacy vs. marketing, and making informed choices.
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Tea: Get 20% off Golden Guan Yin with the coupon code: anxi
- Sign up with Sucuri to have a partner that will help protect your website from hackers and other malicious code
- Michael in the Guan Yin tea fields outside Anxi, Fujian, China
- Pondering your regrets while waiting for the water to boil
- LastPass and 1Password
- FileVault and BitLocker
- Chat apps with encryption options: iMessage, Signal App, WhatsApp, Google Hangouts, and Google Allo
- Revealing a Twitter user with a browser history
- How to Leak to ProPublica
- The Onion Router (TOR): Download and browsing behavior
- Mr. Robot
- InCoWriMo: International Correspondence Writing Month
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.