Tea: Meng Ding Huang Ya (Mt. Mengding Yellow Buds) yellow tea. Damon plays with wires as he automates his home. Michael finds the previous week’s news pulling him back to discussions of government-grade privacy. Also: describing something vs. experiencing something, nib creep, the Turkish Crime-Mobile, “G” is for “Power” (or maybe “Fan”), Santa the thermostat, alien technology, and hunter-gatherer eBay.
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Tea: Get 20% off Meng Ding Huang Ya with the coupon code: YELLOW
- Sign up for Sucuri‘s website sucrity monitoring and hacked-website cleanup services, and also show your support for Tech Tea!
- “Never get involved in a land war in Asia”
- Investigation of bitcoin payment
- Episode 9: Secret Tea Machine
- Rajah Banerjee’s fundraising page
- Michael was trying to remember John Nash, but the information asymmetry idea was really from Joseph Stiglitz
- U.S. government trying to unmask a Twitter user’s identity
- Senator Wyden’s deeper look
- What it takes to keep a Twitter account anonymous
- “Polluting” your web history with extra noise
- Revealing sock-puppet accounts
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.
You can contact Damon and Michael by visiting the Contact Us page on TechTea.fm and find our social media and newsletter subscription information as well.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 58:02 — 53.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More