Tea: Palace (Gong Ting) Puer. Damon discusses some problems with ebooks and other cloud-storage solutions. Michael talks machine learning, language, and translation. Also: inappropriate names for digital assistants, cellphone problems and improvements, making fudge, Michael’s crowded desktop, job loss to automation, basic universal income, and of course a reference to Skynet.
This episode was brought to you by:
- Seven Cups Fine Chinese Tea. Use coupon code wodui for 20% off 2008 Gong Ting Palace Puer.
- Protect your website with Sucuri.
- Genetics of cilantro-hating (more accurate than what Michael said)
- Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Jelly Beans (affiliate link)
- Wemo (affiliate link)
- Echo Dot (affiliate link)
- Article comparing the Amazon Echo and Google Home
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Project Fi and its available phones
- Export a copy of your Google data
- Universal Basic Income
- Experiment with UBI in The Netherlands
Our theme music was written by Lisa Purdy.
Contact Damon and Michael on TechTea.fm to let us know what you think, and please leave a review on the sites where you find your podcasts!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:06:05 — 60.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
2 thoughts on “Tech Tea 015: My Tasty Strips”